Praying at times like these
Day 1: In faith, knowing that God answers prayer
“Faith does not operate in in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man’s power ends.”
Why should I pray?
In the event of a disastrous situation, God advised Solomon to do this:
“…If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and see my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
This situation is a call for us to affirm our dependence on God.
What should I pray
- That the virus may be contained
- That people around the world will cooperate
- For Heads of State, that they will act with wisdom and understanding
- Adequate medical facilities to be available for those in need
- The medical professionals in high risk countries as they serve round the clock – for strength and wisdom
- SU movements in countries where work programmes are suspended and teams are looking for creative ways to reach and comfort people
- That the world will know that there is hope in Christ the Hope of all nations
The number of recorded COVID-19 cases are rising exponentially and recorded infections worldwide have now overtaken the number of cases in China.
For the latest statistics on the virus click here: WHO