SUI is currently looking for 50 young ambassadors from SU movements around the world to participate in a year-long program in the leadup to and culminating at the Global Assembly (GA) in Kuala Lumpur in March 2024.
Click the button below to apply to this program.
What can you expect
This is an exciting opportunity for young leaders to represent and be an ambassador for their movements on the global stage. It will also be a great experience to work alongside other leaders from around the world.
The program will consist of the following elements:
- Training will be provided via online sessions delivered at periodic intervals throughout the year.
- Support and mentoring will be given to enable you to collectively fundraise towards covering part of your costs for attending the GA.
- You will be put into small groups to choose a relevant topic, which you will then research and present at the GA.
You will be required to:
- Complete an online application form.
- Demonstrate an active walk with Christ and agree with SU’s Aims, Beliefs and Working Principles.
- Provide a reference from a key, experienced leader from your SU movement (please ensure you have this persons contact details and permission before completing the application form).
- Attend online training and collaboration sessions, and regularly touch base via the SUI extranet.
- Take part in fundraising activities.
- Work in small groups to produce a short presentation.
- Actively participate at the GA.
The criteria for applying:
- Ideally, be between 20 and 35 years of age.
- Already be an active ministry leader within your SU movement.
- Expect to continue your involvement with your SU movement for at least 1 to 2 years after the GA.
- Have the potential to be in a significant leadership position within SU in the future.
- Be willing to be an ambassador for both your SU movement and for SU internationally.
- Be respectful of others and cross-culturally sensitive.
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Be willing to participate in fundraising.
- Be able to attend in person the GA in Kuala Lumpur 4-8 March 2024.
The expected outcomes:
At the end of the program, we expect the young leaders to have developed a working knowledge and/or had practical experience of:
- Critical thinking
- Collaborative working
- Global community involvement
- Working alongside national leaders
- The SUI ethos
- What it means to be an ambassador
Please note: We particularly encourage people with disabilities who serve in the SU Global Family to apply, as long as they match the other criteria. SUI strongly advocates for and includes people with disabilities in all their ministries.