Beginning 1 January 2024 all foreign citizens travelling to Malaysia are required to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) three (3) days prior to arrival. This is free of charge but mandatory - you will not be able to enter Malaysia without it.
Click here to complete the MDAC.
Where should I travel to?
Most airlines will fly to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL), which is about an hour from the hotel.
When should I book my flights?
Our advice is that you book your tickets as soon as possible and defiantly before Christmas. Ticket costs typically go up in price the closer you get to the time of flying, so it is always best to book them as soon as possible.
- If you are not sure if you will be able to attend, or if you think you might have other issues e.g., in obtaining a visa, you might wish to consider booking a refundable ticket.
Please consider the following before you purchase your flights:
- Main participants should plan to arrive in Kuala Lumpur on Monday 4 March, aiming to arrive no later than 13:00 (1pm) local time at the airport to ensure adequate transfer time to the venue for the evening meal and our opening meeting.
- Young Ambassadors and Global Board members should plan to arrive in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday 3 March, aiming to arrive no later than 18:00 (6pm) local time at the airport.
- Main participants and Young Ambassadors should plan to depart from the hotel after breakfast on Friday 8 March. Allow 1-2 hours for transfer to the airport.
- People staying on for Community Group meetings should plan to depart from the hotel after 16:00 (4pm) local time on Friday 8 March. Allow 1-2 hours for transfer to the airport.
- Those who are staying on for the Dynamique Francophone or the Digital Consultation meetings should aim to depart the hotel after 16:00 (4pm) local time on Saturday 9 March.
- Please allow sufficient time to transit between connecting flights when arranging your schedule.
- Some people will require transit visas if you need to change planes in certain countries en-route to Malayisa. Please check here if this applies to your journey. https://visaguide.world/transit-visa/
- If you book travel that includes transit via the United States of America, please allow 2-3 hours to clear immigration. Please take this into account when booking connecting flights.
- Passing through immigration at Kuala Lumpur International Airport can take anything from 15 minutes to three hours. It can be very hot so please ensure you have water with you.
- If you arrive earlier or stay later than is required by the specific meetings in which you participate, there will be an additional fee at the hotel of RM270 (GBP £50) per room per night, which includes breakfast. This will need to be booked directly with the hotel (a specific link will be provided once booking opens in September 2023).
Do I need a visa?
Click the button below to check whether you need a TOURIST visa to travel to Malaysia.
Visa applications are a vital step in your travel preparations for the Global Gathering. Some participants will not need a visa for Malaysia; others will need to prepare in advance the basic documents required for applying for a visa; some will need extensive support from our SUI support team to obtain a visa.
Use this link to review your visa requirements very carefully. TOURIST eVisas can be applied for three months in advance of travel (from December 2023). Also check if you need a transit visa, for example, if you have flight connections in USA or Europe.
Passports and Travel Insurance
Please note: your passport must be valid for at least six months from your date of entry, and you must arrange travel insurance to cover your time in Malaysia.
We will provide transport from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) to the venue for any arrivals between 8am and 6pm on Sunday 3rd March (for Global Board members and Young Ambassadors) and between 8am and 1pm on Monday 4th March for the main conference participants. The airport is approximately a one hour drive from the venue.
If you arrive outside of these times, you may need to arrange and pay for your own transport. We recommend using a Grab taxi as the cheapest option. You will need to download the app in advance and meet your booked taxi on the bottom floor of the airport, by exit door 4.
We will provide return transport to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) from the venue for any departures between 9am and 9pm on Friday 8 March. If your departure is outside of that time you may need to arrange and pay for your own transport, which the hotel can help book for you.
Transport from the airport will be in groups of arrivals. You may need to wait at the airport for a short period of time whilst others arrive. Similarly transport back to the airport will be groups of departures.
Travel before and after the Global Gathering
If you would like to arrive before or stay after the Global Gathering to travel in Malaysia, we ask you to organise these excursions yourselves and not to request Scripture Union International to be involved in making arrangements.
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions concerning travel arrangements, flight bookings or require supporting documentation to help you obtain a visa.
Take a look at our other Global Gathering pages: